An applicant must provide the following:
- Zoning Permit Application
- BIU Construction Permit
- Three sets of construction drawings signed and sealed by a licensed design professional
- Floor plan of building space
- Survey of property showing location of building addition (note: previous land development approval is required)
- Other information may be required depending on the project’s scope.
The permit fee is based on the cost of the improvement. For specific information, please contact BIU of PA at 412.766.2565.
Once zoning compliance is determined by the Borough, an application that complies with building code requirements must be issued in 30 business days.
For zoning questions, contact Scott Dellett, AICP, Director of Planning, Zoning and Code Enforcement, at 412.884.0505, ext. 522.
For building code questions, contact Chris Harvey, Borough Building Code Official, at 412.526.4278.