INSTALLING A SWIMMING POOL
What is Required to Start Building?
Below are the items you will need to start installing a swimming pool.
A survey or plot plan to scale shall be furnished showing all property, main and accessory buildings, driveways, fences, walks, filters and other related equipment thereon. The proposed location of the swimming pool shall be clearly shown
Three sets of construction drawings
What Are the Regulations for Swimming Pools?
- Private swimming pools shall be located entirely within the rear yard area and no less than ten (10) feet from any rear property line.
- The minimum requirements for side yards shall be in accordance with the regulations of the zoning district in which the residence is located.
- Pools located on corner lots shall be completely screened by evergreen planting when viewed from the side street.
- A swimming pool shall be protected by one (1) of the following methods:
- A chain-link-type fence around the
rear of the property or around the pool not exceeding four (4) feet in height.
- A four-to-six-foot-high solid or closed-type fence, provided that such fence is within twelve (12) feet of the pool walls.
- A pool whose walls are four (4) feet above ground level and which is equipped with an automatic retracting and locking ladder need not be fenced. The ladder must be locked in the closed position when the pool is not in use.
Below are relevant sections of the 2015 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code: